Your domain registration is pending. Check back in an hour
Posted on Sep 24, 2020

Silberstein, Awad & Miklos, P.C. | Manhattan Medical Malpractice & Injury Lawyers

What else should I do after a car accident in Manhattan ?

Be sure you have called the police. Sometimes, drivers try to work things out between themselves. Legally, this is extremely dangerous. Often, the extent of damage to the vehicle cannot be assessed at the time of the accident, and many injuries do not manifest until later on.

When the police arrive, they will produce an official report that can be used to support your case. If the police are not called, you may lose or misplace the information from the accident and not be able to legally recover fair and just compensation.

Never give anyone a recorded statement about the accident. Insurance companies love to get recorded statements from people and tend to use against them at a later time. Insurance companies will try to get you to admit fault, deny that you were hurt, and minimize property damage.

Do not give recorded statements to your insurance company without the benefit of the advice of experienced personal injury attorney. Your insurance company will never tell you if they are also representing the other driver involved in the accident.

Silberstein Awad & Miklos can and will advise you about the best way to protect your legal rights. Call now and talk for free!

Silberstein, Awad & Miklos, P.C.
140 Broadway,
Manhattan, NY 10005
(212) 233-6600
Contact Us
Message sent. We'll get back to you soon.